MY SUPPORT FOR AMY SULLIVAN'S TIME MAG POST -- VERSUS -- UNKNOWING DOWN-PUTTERS -- http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2011/02/08/stay-classy-tsa/
male agent: heads up; we've go a cutie, to (presumably male) remote viewer
small airport -- sorry; only male agents (see my post above quoting TSA MANDATORY male on female frisk you cannot walk away from)
"Male screeners have certainly attempted to pressure women to allow them to touch them - this has happened to me. I assume they succeed sometimes.
"In BOS, a male screener told me there was a 'very long wait' for a female screener and it 'would be better' to let him do it. "
no law (supposedly) says male police officers may not frisk females
Most of these answers are false. A male officer can frisk a female. There is certqin training that covers how to do this.
When searching a female it may be helpful to:
* · Have a female officer present, if possible. Be certain that the written report of the incident contains details of the arrest, mention of any weapons or contraband that were being sought, what if anything was found in the search.
* The more immediate or important the arrest the better. If there is a legitimate belief that she is carrying weapons or contraband a search should not be delayed.
* Do not search a female alone unless it is absolutely necessary.
* Conduct the search of a female in the same manner that you would search a male.
* Before starting to search the front of a female, tell her that the search is not meant to embarrass her. Ask if any weapons or contraband are concealed in her clothing or body. She may deny having any weapons or contraband, search anyway. If she admits to having weapons or contraband locate it, seize it, safely secure it and resume your systematic search.
* Use good judgement and discretion. These basic steps may be employed similarly when a female officer searches a male.
TSA male agents target female travellers
MY OWN ESSAY ON THE TOPIC: TSA extends sexual abuse from stop-and-frisk to fly-and-frisk