Friday, September 29, 2017

National anthem uproar rooted in black and white from fifties -- television


The national anthem uproar is rooted in something black and white from the fifties -- television.


Before television countries were one step below God -- holy; an abstraction.  But once I see pictures of other countries, just land an people, and I see pictures of my country, also just land and people -- I can't see countries as sacred anymore.  Just some kind of social instinct outlook takes over.

I still have the same views on other topics from politics to religion.  I just have what seems like a practical outlook, no longer a holy outlook on my country now.  The two may may not both co-exist somehow -- for some, maybe not others.

A little practical understanding of human nature (social instinct) might go a long way to cooling some overwrought patriotic fires.

https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Media-Extensions-Marshall-McLuhan/dp/B001PB7N0S/ref=la_B000AQ24OE_1_8?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1506705138&sr=1-8

No comments: