Thursday, January 10, 2008

Why I -- Now -- Believe

I was always skeptical about global warming until I viewed a recent Discovery Channel program on global dimming (indisputable and apparently slows global warming) -- which suddenly made perfect sense of it all.

I never worried much about the dangers of global warming until I watched a recent History Channel show on how easily global warming could switch over to global freezing by melting fresh water icebergs which in turn could block the north Atlantic warm water current -- a potential civilization breaking catastrophe.

I never realized until I read a 9/16, NY Times article by the authors of the book Freakanomics that Jane Fonda would be the chief culprit in bringing on global freezing, because of her 1979 movie "The China Syndrome" which frightened America away from switching from fossil fuel to nuclear power. :-)

No comments: