Friday, December 10, 2010

Definition of opposite-sex scanner viewing and frisking includes same-sex attracted


W
omen have a right to fear being taken advantage of by male TSA security -- straight men have the same right to fear being taken advantage by gay male security (gays are not girls) -- with no phony options-to-request. A gay male has every right to refuse his own partner access to his body -- ditto for gay TSA security.

Who will tell their teen age sons it is okay for a gay man to perform even an old fashioned (pre-enhanced) frisk on him -- not to say on his private and personal parts (same parts as a girls to a straight man) -- because we cannot discriminate in job assignments?! (Lesbians are not boys -- a trickier issue than I can handle.)
******
I want to make it absolutely clear that I am no homophobe. When I was an SF cab driver I used to joke that I made my living going down to the Castro after midnight to hustle (ditto for Halstead in Chicago and Christopher Street in New York when I rarely drove yellow there).

I had a gay teen living with me for a year in the Bronx in the 70s. That's when I figured out that gays are not girls. They programmed between the ages of 3 and 6 to see the big ego in women -- just as straights programmed to see the same in men -- that's all the difference between. That lightning bolt between our legs then takes the path of least resistance.

My first move away from home was to Chelsea in Manhattan which even in the 60s had a strong openly gay contingent.

No comments: